Sri Shivjiram Ji Maharaj was a great Jain monk of 19th century. A little known about him. Head quarter of Sri Jain Shwetambar Khartar Gachchh Sangh, Jaipur is named Shivjiram Bhawan after him. However, there was nothing known about him nor there was a photograph.
Few years back Tunkalia family of Jaipur, who were closed to Shivjiram Ji Maharaj donated a his picture and since then people could see his face. Sri Prem Singh Ji Tunkalia of the said family shown me few historical documents about him. I could take a glance of those documents and have drawn some conclusion out of those. Mr. Tunkalia promised me to provide photo copies of all these for further study.
Conclusions are as follows:
1. Shivjiram Ji Maharaj was a Jain monk (Sadhu) and not Yati.
2. He lived between Samvat 1900 and 2000.
3. There are evidences that he lived as monk in Samvat 1926 (1869AD) till 1972 (1915 AD). We neither found his initiation (Deeksha) date or year nor the date of his expiry.
4. He was a great scholar of Jainism and had strong character.
5. He was famous among Jain community and a honorable saint.
6. He lived mostly in Jaipur. However, we have got evidences of his Ajmer, Kishangadh, Pali and Nawanagar chaturmas.
7. One of his disciple was Sri Chidanand.
8 He was contemporary to Sri Atmaram Ji Maharaj and Pravartini Sri Punya Sri Ji.
We would like to take a research project about his life history under Jain Research and Study Center. We would request Mahopadhyay Sri Vinaysagar ji and eminent Jain historian Dr. Shiv Prasad to take this project in their hands.